Monday, May 16, 2011

New Tricks

Will Stole me a flower. I love flowers--probably a little too much--but I'm too stubborn to buy the over priced little boogers like the greedy flower shops want me too. While I understand this stubbornness may in fact be nothing more than a pride issue I doubt I will get over it soon.

Here's the story. Will went to a conference at school and when it was over he noticed a bouquet of roses on the table and thought to himself, "they're probably just going to throw them away... I'm going to take one." So he did. And he gave it to me and I loved it.
Here's why:
  1. Because I got to once again stick it to the flower bosses.
  2. Because it reminds me of when my Dad would cut the prettiest rose off of our rose bushes and bring it inside for my mom. We all new it was just from the garden, but we also knew that it was just for Mom. I loved seeing them on the table in our everyday dinner glasses because even though it didn't cost anything, sometimes it really is just the thought that counts.
  3. Because that is just the sweetest thing ever!
Will is the greatest... but really.... the greatest. However, I will never ever tell how great he is because...yeah right... like I'd just post all of his awesomeness on the internet. If I did, I'm convinced that government ninjas would see his awesomeness and take him away.

No comments:

Post a Comment