Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Duran Duran anyone?

Day two and I'm already loving the expressive freedom of having this here blog. So, let's get right to it... Story time!
A long long time ago, Will's family was delighted to add a new member to their family... a 2000 Ford Explorer, soon to be known only as Leroy. The Dickerson's and Leroy shared many wonderful years together and when we were married, Will and I were happy to welcome Leroy into our family. But, the happiness did not last long. Sometime in February Leroy's transmission just couldn't do it anymore and, well... that was the end of Leroy.

*Leroy*

In dire need of transportation (mostly because the train and I were becoming far to acquainted with each other), we sought after a new vehicle. Will spent many hours searching, until he found a winner.

*Granny*

You can imagine my surprise when I looked out the window and saw Grandma here sitting in the driveway. But, it's ours now. Yes, Granny is older than both Will and me, BUT, she has a ridiculously low amount of miles on her and runs quite well. It's weird to say it, but, this is our NEW car. Though I must fight the urge to puff my bangs, wear leg warmers, and rock to synthesized tunes while we're driving together, she'll do.

-Fun fact: She maxes at 50 mph. Just sayin.

1 comment:

  1. I have been left in suspense...no picture of new car.

    ReplyDelete