Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Yes I did just post that

I made myself a treat. It's the easiest thing I've ever made. It's delicious warm or cold. And the best part is that Will doesn't like it...which means it really is just my treat. It also means that I can grab the Tupperware straight out of the fridge, grab a spoon, and dig in with no shame. Some may consider that gross. But ya know what else is gross? ....I don't shave my legs often...we're talking once a month...and that's a good month. You may dwell on that if you wish.

Sweet Rice and Mango


Ingredients

  • 1 1/2 cups uncooked short-grain white rice
  • 2 cups water
  • 3/4 cup white sugar, or to taste (I use 1/2 cup)
  • 2 mangos, peeled and sliced (it's also great without the fruit but... who can really say no to mangos?)
  • 1 (10 ounce) can cream of coconut

Directions

  1. Combine the rice and water in a saucepan (I use the rice cooker and skip the rest of this stuff). Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, until water is absorbed.
  2. Mix the desired amount of sugar into the hot rice. Top with mango slices, and pour some cream of coconut over the top of each bowl. (I add the rice and coconut into the rice cooker and let it sit on the warm setting just cause I like my rice coconuted!)





No comments:

Post a Comment