Sunday, June 12, 2011

You've got a what in the oven??

I would like to thank Utah weather for finally allowing us to have some summer. It means a lot to me that I don't have to think about wearing coats and closed toed shoes...like I did throughout the whole month of May... but that's a sore subject that we'll skip for now.

All of this summerness is getting me real excited for all of the normal summer goodness that I know is coming.
I get to go back to my pool.

I get to camp. (Let me rephrase... I get to girls camp!)

I get to boat

And... I get to dutch oven.
But, since we don't have a d'oven I had to be a little creative. And so. I found this. It's so laughably easy....like e. z. And "Super Delicious" (Kid History, 2011).

Peach Crunch Cake
24.5 oz jar of sliced peaches (and the syrup)
1 package yellow cake mix
1 stick butter cut into pieces
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup chopped walnuts

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Layer the ingredients in a 9x13 pan. (I doubt the order matters but I did it this way: peaches, cake mix, butter, brown sugar, walnuts).
Bake for about 40 minutes. And this is not my picture.

IMG_2526





Bibliography

Kid History. (2011). Kid History Episode 2. Utah, USA: youtube.

No comments:

Post a Comment