Thursday, August 23, 2012

Frog to Prince

I always knew that I wanted to get married, but that doesn't mean that i didn't kiss a bunch of toads that I knew were nothing but bad news. I had a serious case of the bad-boy thing that needed to get out of my system. Is that some kind of right of passage? Get the whole bad-boy thing over and done with so you can move on to an actual healthy relationship? If I was looking for a man to actually marry, why was I so drawn to the frogs? It just makes no sense.

Until one day I met Will, and I knew that he was no frog. I don't know why I knew. I mean, he was 100 percent different than any of the other boys i'd ever been interested in, but for some reason I liked him... A LOT (the ridiculously good looking smile helped I'm sure).

As far as I can tell, when you meet the right one, you know because all of the feelings that were driving you before you met him (excitement, anxiety, uncertainty) are gone, and you're happier that way. This is what happened when Will and I started dating. I thought, "This available, reliable, predictable, totally righteous boy...he is the love of my life." Morning breath, dishes on the floor and all. That is what I want for the rest of my life. And that's the most exciting ending I can think of.

Happy two years chicken.

2 comments:

  1. This is the cutest!!! Happy anniversary!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! I absolutely love this. You are adorable.

    ReplyDelete