Wednesday, November 2, 2011

No Bones About It

The girls and I went to Garnder Village to see the witchee-poos...we didn't buy anything, but we got lots of ideas for projects! The following are the results of our inspiring excursion.

Skully
Materials: Plastic Skull (from dollar tree), Spray paint, Glitter paint

There were skulls like this at Gardner Village for $10.
Skully here, only cost $3... and he's sparkly.

Yarn Spider Web
Materials: Old yarn

I could have gotten this web (in an awfully bright green color) at Gardner Village for $15... I made it for free instead with some old yarn (in a color that isn't hazardous for epileptic individuals.).
Sweater Pillow
Materials: DI sweater. Pillow Form.

I find my self rather appalled at the price of throw pillows. Take for example this orange guy... $48 bucks. But I love me some throw pillows, so I bought it. When I got home and realized that I'd just spent $50 bucks on a sack of stuffing, I vowed to at least try to make my own pillows before I break down like that again. So, Mr. Sweater Pillow up there, cost me $12. Not bad huh? Especially when I've seen sweater pillows in stores for $39-$59. I'd be down with saving $27 any day, even if the edges on my pillow are a bit messy.

...uh...

Materials: Little sisters

This project was probably the easiest of all!

When we were all done, and proud of our creative, money saving, brilliance, we celebrated with sunglasses and ate our Halloween cake.



The moral of the story, you may ask, is that I was sad to put away my Halloween decorations this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment