Sunday, August 21, 2011

How I lost my last name

7 or 8 years ago: There is a really cool girl in my 9th grade math class and we become best friends.

3 years ago: Cool girl and I decide to go on a road trip--which I planned to be just your average, non-life altering road trip (hint: I was wrong). So, the night before we left, I went to Cool girl's house and just so happened to meet her "Attractive Cousin" whom she also called Will the Cousin. We all talked, laughed, and slept (on different couches thank you!).

A few weeks later: The Cousin and I continued to run into each other in passing and each time I saw him I was surprised by how funny he was, and how surprisingly easy it was to talk to him. So, we continued to hang out. We went rope swinging, we went on drives, we went on walks, we went to dinner, we went hiking, we went to play in sprinklers. And by the end of it all, I had a sincere interest in him, but knowing that school started in a week, I was convinced that I probably wouldn't be seeing Will the Cousin anymore (wrong again).

A couple of months later: Will the Cousin and I ran into each other "accidentally" on weekends and such. We also started dating other people ( I was jealous, but said nothing). Then one night on a random whim, I called Will the Cousin and asked him to dinner, and as I planned it...it wouldn't change anything... it was just dinner (really wrong!). He drove all the way up from Provo. We ate at my favorite place, Costa Vida, and then we talked for a really really long time, and FINALLY I let myself really talk to him, like talk talk. From then on I decided that I was going to marry someone just like him. The next weekend, we met up, then the next, then the next until finally, I couldn't stand not seeing him.

3 months later: I walked into my house in a stupor realizing that we had just talked about getting married. Here I was planning to go on a mission, teach children English all over the world, get into Grad school...and I'm talking eternity with a boy?? Crazy right?

One year ago: Will the Cousin and I got married.

Present: Here we are, married for a year and I couldn't feel better about life. And I would trade traveling the world to play farm animals (no, it's not dirty) and eat cereal with my William any day.

What girl can resist a cute boy in a tux?


2 comments:

  1. Yay! Happy one year!!! Time has gone by so fast...You two are my fav, and i loved reading this. AND i love you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I claim full credit for this story. I love you both. A LOT

    ReplyDelete